Friday, October 02, 2009
post-op standard ops
1. sleep. a lot.
2. in between naps, take drugs. it would be bad to wake up in-between doses. did that once. once.
3. eat. good appetite. complain that i can't drink wine while on the drugs.
4. apply ice pack to incision area. discover sore spots on both sides of head; remnants of wearing a halo brace during surgery.
5. check e-mail. and facebook. also twitter, sitemeter, nuggpuppy, seattle times, et al. repeat, in a fog, because i can't remember what i just checked.
6. make sure yahoo! fantasy football team is ready for sunday. also can't remember, is adrian peterson any good?
7. update itunes library while watching mariners game while blogging.
8. rearrange uncomfortable pillows. again.
9. make my way to the bathroom to pee or shower (not at the same time). move very slowly and carefully. notice that the pain meds make the knee feel like new.
10. absorb sonic bombs going off in my head when mrs. spaceneedl's little dogs get to yapping. must remember to take them along on next fishing trip. as bait.
11. remind myself that retaining the use of my left arm is worth this trouble. don't want to end up like inspector kent.