|this is hal koerner, an elite runner with a plan. |
not MY plan, mind you...
or t-minus 159 days to gorge waterfalls 100k.
either way, just before noon yesterday the reality that this race is an actual thing reached a tipping point, and my anxiety level spiked.
that feeling doesn't suit me at all, so i did something about it.
1. google "100k training plan"
2. sort through multiple plans untethered from my ability to run THAT MANY miles in a week (dear hal koerner, your plan looks great for an elite, unmarried, financially independent runner; i am none of those things)
|look, right there it says, "and ultraladies men!"|
i'm no ladies man, but the training plan looks good.
4. disregard the fact that the plan is from the "UltraLadies" web site, and is actually a 50-mile training plan. what's 12 more miles?
5. print calendar pages for oct. 2015 to april 2016
6. mark up calendar pages with planned (and completed) workouts; totally include all october runs retroactively (i ran a half marathon a week and a half ago!)
7. feel anxiety levels dropping
8. leave work early and go for a run
today is day two. or t-minus 158 days to #gw100k.
why am i still standing here?
(leaves work to go run...)