Tuesday, April 16, 2019

When the going gets strange

"Take care, my friends. Travel gently and with purpose. It’s about to get weird."

~Michelle Evans
***********
"Feed me, Seymour!"
I've reached the point in my Miwok training when I can't get enough sleep or enough to eat.

I'm eating all the foods...and losing weight. I'm napping every chance I get...and still feel sleep-deprived.

I rarely weigh myself, but when a scale recently and mysteriously appeared in our bathroom, I couldn't resist. 

Full disclosure: I'm under 160 pounds. I'm pretty sure I haven't weighed this little since I was a sophomore in high school. 

Additional evidence: I had to pull up my running tights about every 100 yards during Saturday's long run—which tells me I need to eat more or get new running tights.

DID YOU KNOW: Kodiak Cakes are loaded with protein and taste great right now, even though I hadn't eaten pancakes in years.

Also—eggs over hard, topped with guacamole, are the best things ever. Let's face it, though, there are few things that aren't better topped with guacamole.

I'm eating nutritional yeast in pasta, on sea scallops, and on roasted veggies. It's loaded with B vitamins and is currently delicious. We'll see how I feel about it after Miwok.

Chunky peanut butter with apple slices. Everything old is new again.


Trader Joe's Miso Ginger Broth with high-protein organic tofu (who am I anymore, really?).

TJ's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce? I could eat that sh*t with a spoon.*

A ginger-molasses cookie after dinner? Yes, please. They're delicious, so I better have two, every night. And maybe some of that dark chocolate with raspberries.
***
My month-over-month mileage nearly doubled in March, and I'm on a similar pace in April. I'm going to keep redlining it over here for about 10 more days, whilst trying not to get hurt or chew off a couple of fingers.
***
Old after-dinner routine: leftovers for tomorrow. New after-dinner hustle: no leftovers, no tomorrow. "Are you gonna eat that??"
***

*Hasn't happened yet, but don't think it hasn't occurred to me.

No comments: